5th CMPA Meeting Industry Forum HELPS associations!
Over 100 specialists from the meetings, incentive travel and business events sector took part in the 5th Croatian Meeting Industry Forum in Zagreb on December 6, organised by the Croatian Meeting Professionals Association (CMPA):
Prof.Dr.Sc. Davor Pavuna of the Swiss Institute of Technology and David Bodor, ICCA’s Regional Director Europe – tackled the event’s main theme: “How can the meetings industry help associations?”
And the Croatian Minister of Tourism Gari Cappelli announced the re-opening of the Croatian Convention Bureau as a focal point in the country’s industry and he unveiled an Action Plan for development of the meetings industry, towards 2020, while the CMPA itself launched a new project in the form of a meeting ambassadors programme.
And on a broader scale, Croatia has been accepted as a full member of the Strategic Alliance of National Convention Bureaus of Europe.
The annual Croatian Meeting Industry Ambassador Awards were presented in five categories:
• For bringing a large and significant international congress to Croatia – Prof.Dr.Sc. Davor Pavuna and Prof.Dr.Sc. Miroslav Kopjar from the Croatian Gynaecology Society.
• For a public institution promoting the Croatian meetings industry – the Convention Bureau of Opatija.
• For the CMPA member responsible for the best organised and handled conference – Marina Raic-Bobic from the 3600 incentives and more agency in Dubrovnik
• For the CMPA member responsible for organising a high-profile event – Dorja Horvat from Valamar Hotels & Resorts in Dubrovnik.
• For the CMPA member technical supplier responsible for the best handled event – Ivica Busic from Fifi Sound in Dubrovnik
“The aim of the awards is to promote Croatia’s meetings and incentive travel industry and to encourage all stakeholders to propose the country as a fine destination for business events of all kinds,” said CMPA Vice-President, Ranko Filipovic.
“During our four years of operation CMPA has recruited 150 members from all over Croatia, covering almost all facets of our industry,” he added.